Monday, April 4, 2011

A Little About Me

Let's start with the basics.

My name is Leo Katsman - no I don't have a middle name, yes Leo is short for something, no I will not post it right now - my full name is something original and if you guess it, then I'll tell you - don't want to guess it? No skin off my back. 

I'm in Alpha Epsilon Pi. Yeah the Jewish kid is in the Jewish Fraternity - no surprise there, but there is reasoning behind it.  My religion has become something that is very important to me - something that has shaped a lot of the kind of person that I have become.  So when I started college I told myself 1) I wouldn't join a fraternity and 2) If I did it'd be the Jewish one.  Well since 1 didn't work out for me that well I turned to 2 - and as I met more of the brothers I realized there was much more in common there than just the religion thing - so here I am.  Brother of Alpha Epsilon Pi and everything.  

Coming into THE Ohio State University I had the same stereotypes engraved in my brain about the stereotypical "frat" guy.  Well after joining a Fraternity I realized it's not that stereotypical B.S. that I thought it was in High School and I don't regret a day of it.

This Class:  Well after going to that Fraternal Futures thing which, although it did involve getting up obscenely early on a Sunday, I didn't totally loathe - and actually learned some interesting things - I decided to check out this class. Partly because I'm interested in other aspects in Greek Life (not that the social aspect isn't great) and partly because I feel like this class will have debates and debates are fun.

The Blogabus:  An interesting concept - and an interesting word - For me it's really nothing that ridiculous seeing as I've always read blogs/tried to keep blogs but now this blog just has information on it.  So the blogabus has reached an approved rating by me. 

Blogging in general: I think it'll be good to be able to just rant out assignments in blog form.  Assuming there aren't huge deductions for blog-digressions (kind of like the one i did before this) because I'm kind of A.D.D. when it comes to blogging.  Aside from the obvious benefits of the blogabus which include seeing each others work/opinions and letting the outside world see our work/opinions, I had recently started a blog but kind of had an issue keeping it up - at least in the way I hoped (3-4 posts a week).  I hope this assignment will serve as a diving board into more intense blogging experiences. But that's just the optimist in me speaking - don't worry a couple weeks of my schedule and he will be gone soon enough.

Even now I procrastinate by not studying for Exam P and my Math 532 quiz and doing this blog instead.  But this is an assignment and has to get done too right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment